P.O. BOX 338, 119 E NAGONABA ST.
NORTHPORT, MI 49670
Our Township Vision Statement is: "Serving to Improve Tomorrow"; our core values are: accountable, servant, honest, objective, stewardship.
Leelanau Township Offices
The township offices are open to the public, however, masks are required due to a Local State of Emergency Declaration.
Visitors are encouraged to conduct their business with township officials by
telephone, email, or the drop box due to Covid-19 concerns.
Local State of Emergency Declaration
September 14, 2021
- Masks must be worn inside township facilities.
- All township meetings will be conducted remotely by electronic remote access.
Parks & Rec. Plan and Master Plan Update
Community Survey and Community Open House
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - 5:30 p.m. Township Board Re-Scheduled Regular Meeting - Meeting Link
- Thursday, October 21, 2021 - 7:00 p.m. Planning Commission Special Meeting - By Zoom Electronic Remote Access Only - Meeting Link
- Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 7:00 p.m. Planning Commission Regular Meeting - By Zoom Electronic Remote Access Only
TIMBER SHORES RV RESORT SPECIAL USE PERMIT APPLICATION
In 2020 Leelanau Township received an Application for a Special Use Permit for the proposed Timber Shores RV Resort.
The Application was deemed to be incomplete by a Consulting Planner, the Township Attorney, and the Township Zoning Administrator.
The Project and Application will not be on any Planning Commission Meeting Agenda until the Application is determined to be complete.
The Leelanau Township Board, at their Regular Board Meeting on Tuesday, September 8, 2020, approved the Short Term Rental Ordinance listed below with a change to the maximum allowed occupancy. The maximum occupancy of a Short Term Rental will be based upon the number of bedrooms in the rental, with a maximum occupancy of 15 occupants.
Short Term Rental Ordinance
Apply for a Short Term Rental Permit
Adobe Reader is required to view many of the documents on this website. If you do not have Adobe Reader, please click here to download a free copy.