The Michigan Homeowner Assistance Fund (MIHAF) was established to mitigate hardships associated with the coronavirus pandemic by providing funds to prevent homeowner mortgage delinquencies, defaults, foreclosure, loss or utilities or homeowner energy services or homeowners experiencing financial hardship on or after 1/21/2020 or hardship that occurred before 1/21/2020 but continued after that date.
Who is Eligible?
- Homeowners with household incomes less than 15% of Area Median Income (AMI)
- Homeowners who own and occupy the property as their primary residence
- Homeowners must have and explain a financial hardship directly related to COVID-19 on or after 1/21/2020
This program was opened to the public on 2/14/2022.
Up to $25,000 Grant per household to pay:
- Delinquent mortgage, housing expenses, including property tax and insurance escrow shortages
- Delinquent land contract payments, mobile home consumer loan payments or mobile home park lot payments
- Delinquent property taxes
- Delinquent condominium/homeowners' association fees
- Delinquent homeowner's insurance
- Delinquent utilities, gas, electric, water, sewer
- Delinquent internet broadband services
Apply / get more information