Apply For... Veterans DD-214

DD-214 (Veteran's Form)

After discharge from the military, Veterans place their military discharge (Form DD-214) on file with the County Clerk's Office in the county in which they reside.  Veterans receive their certified copies of the DD-214 free of charge.

Military Discharge records are not public records and can only be obtained by the individual (with I.D.), a family member with a death certificate or the funeral home.  You may order in person or through the mail. 

You must present a government-issued i.d., such as a driver's license or passport, in person; in order for a mail request to be honored, your signature must be notarized, or you must include a photocopy of a government-issued I.D.  If the photocopy is not legible, we will not be able to honor your request via mail.

Peddler's Licenses are available only to Veterans and are free of charge.

Related Links -

Veteran's Administration Home Page

This page last updated on 8/7/2023.