Empire Township Campground
7264 W. Osborn Road
P.O. Box 234
Empire, MI 49630-0234
The Empire Township Campground is open from May 15th to September 15th. The 60 site rustic campground is located in a wooded area and is 5 miles from the Village of Empire and the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore headquarters. The campground is divided into a Hardwoods Section, a Pine Tree Section and features 9 campsites with electricity and 3 group sites. Camping fees are as follows:
Tent Site: $25 - $28/night Electric Site: $32+/night Group Site: $45+/night
Coin operated showers, one flush toilet, ice, and wood are available on site. Outhouses and drinking water are located throughout the campground as well.
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESERVATION REQUEST WITH INFORMATION TO:
Please provide the following information in your email:
1) Arrival and Departure Date
2) Number of people in your party (including children)
3) Accommodations i.e. Tent, Pop-up Camper, RV, Travel Trailer, etc. (Please provide size of camper/number of tents and sizes.)
4) Number of vehicles in your party.
5) Billing address and contact cellular/telephone number.
CANCELLATION POLICY: A non-refundable one night deposit is required to secure your site and a 50% deposit if you are reserving for more than 7 nights. If you cancel your reservation you will lose your deposit. Cancellations 48 hours prior to your arrival date will be charged for the full stay of your reservation.
For safety measures due to Covid-19, we are implementing EXPRESS CHECK-IN PROTOCOL. On your scheduled date of arrival your remaining balance shall be posted to your credit card information on file. You may go directly to your assigned site after the 1:00pm check-in time. Please update 24 hours in advance (during office business hours) any changes such as number of people, vehicles, tents, or other accommodations. Those who wish to settle their balance by other means of payment, MUST PAY BEFORE 6:00pm (the office closing hours). Please practice 6 feet social distancing and use hand sanitizers at campground facilities locations. The office is equipped with a Ozone Room Air System and a LED/UVA Wand Laser Sanitizer to combat viruses, germs, bacteria, mold, and more!
No firewood/logs from outside Leelanau County are allowed to be brought into the campground. Please purchase firewood only from local vendors. Bringing firewood into the campground from anywhere else can rapidly spread destructive pests and diseases.
Important Dogs Rules:
1) All dogs must be on a leash at ALL TIMES & remain only on your site!
2) Never leave your dog unattended or left alone at the campsite.
3) You must pick up after your dog(s) and keep your site clean. There is a $20 fee for dog droppings that are not picked up or for leaving an unclean area at your site or where you walk your dog.
Please take a moment to review our "Campground Map" and "Rules & Regulations" at the links provided below.
Check In Time: 1:00 pm
Check Out Time: 11:00 am (A late fee will apply for unauthorized late check-outs.)
Closed for Lunch: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm